1. This website is owned by Russell Wood t/a five elements adventure tours (FEAT), in England in Great Britain. I am a hiking guide with a focus on training (not a travel agency) whose mission is to promote fitness and an affinity with the outdoors as promoted and sold on this website www.feat-uk.com. The physical training I provide is occasionally in areas where its useful to help facilitate accommodation and sometimes transport. When I do help facilitate accommodation and transport this is done on a not-for-profit basis to a limited amount of people.
2. There are no rights applying to Packages and LTA under regulation when booking a hiking tour with FEAT. However, I will make every effort to ensure that everything is in place for you to enjoy our training and treks with us. I do not sell nor offer for sale air holidays and flights; hence the activities are not ATOL protected. ATOL is a protection scheme for air holidays and flights managed by the Civil Aviation Authority.
3. FEAT is not responsible for the proper performance of travel services provided by third parties, including but not limited to accommodation, flight operators and taxi drivers. If you are dissatisfied with their services, please contact the relevant service provider.
Please contact us by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any further clarification on the issues above.
4.1 Our acceptance of your booking will take place when we email you to accept it.
4.2 Its okay to change your mind. However, you have 14 days after the day we email you to confirm we accept your booking to change your mind and receive a refund. This is in line with the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. We will refund you by the method you used for payment. However, there may be fees involved depending on the amount of time the event is due.
4.3 In the unlikely event that we cannot accept your booking we will inform you of this by email and will refund the activity booked. This might be, as an example, because we are unable to provide the activity due to unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control.
5. Price & Information on our website
5.1 The price of any activities (which includes VAT where applicable) will be the price indicated on the event title and the confirmation page. The price, unless clearly stated does not include travel and food. Additionally, unless specifically requested by the client we do not provide any kit except for basic first aid.
5.2 We endeavour to ensure that the descriptions and prices on our website are accurate. However, sometimes errors occur despite best efforts, therefore we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in such circumstances. After a transaction has taken place we reserve the right to offer refunds or request the settlement of difference if a mistake has taken place – this is limited up until the time of service commencement.
6. Sports Activities
6.1 All the activities are subject to availability. Due to the nature of the some of the activities, these can change at short notice. In the event that a particular activity is not available we will endeavour to provide another activity at a different date.
6.2 Cancellation by us. We reserve the right to cancel any activities that are subject to a minimum number of participants where there are insufficient numbers or where we cannot perform the activity due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances and we notify you as soon as reasonable possible. When a cancellation occurs, we will offer you a Voucher for a substitute activity. If you are dissatisfied with our offer and decide to refuse it, we will make a refund of the total price you paid to us at the time of booking. If it is necessary to cancel your travel arrangements, compensation will not be payable by us in the event of Force Majeure, adverse weather or environmental condition, safety related concern and travel restrictions. You should take out a Sports and Travel insurance to cover yourself from these eventualities.
6.3 Cancellation by you. If you need to cancel your activity you must contact us immediately. All cancellation requests must be emailed and acknowledged by us. Since we incur costs we reserve the right to charge a fee to cancellations as follows.
% Fee liable for cancelled activities
- Notice of cancellation before departure:
0% of the total participation fee
50% of the total participation fee
100% of the total participation fee
We understand that life gets in the way so we will handle any cancelations sensitively and will help where we can.
6.4 Minors. It is your sole responsibility as a parent or guardian of minors to ensure that it is safe and appropriate for them to attend. Parents or guardians will be asked to sign a consent form prior to departure.
6.5 Adverse weather. We accept no responsibility for weather conditions experienced during your trekking activity. Be aware when booking with us we operate in poor weather, in fact we train to thrive in poor weather. Therefore, it is unlikely we will cancel unless there are weather warnings with a severe risk to life. Whilst we will advise on clothing it is your responsibility to have the correct outdoor wear. We reserve the right to cancel a clients participation, without refund, if proper attire (as decided by our staff) is not adhered to.
6.6 Outdoor activities provided by FEAT are physically demanding. You must be competent and fit enough to undertake these sports and you must take all reasonable precautions for your own safety and the safety of any other Member for whom you might be responsible. When you are undertaking a hike under the guidance of our staff you agree to follow and abide by their reasonable instructions. You must accept that guides are solely responsible for your own safety and have the right to prevent you from participating if, in their reasonable opinion, you cannot participate safely because your fitness is inadequate.
7 Equal opportunity and discrimination. FEAT is committed to promoting equal opportunities in outdoor activities. All participants will receive respect regardless of age, disability, gender, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, nationality, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. Discrimination is therefore forbidden and leads to participants being immediately excluded from any activity with us. You agree to not discriminate against or harass participants including FEAT’s employees. No refund will be made by us on your failure to comply with this matter.
8 Insurance. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that you are fit. Any activities and events are at your own risk. We cannot accept any injury, loss, or damage whatsoever.
8.1 Medical and safety requirements
8.2 Medical requirements. It is your sole responsibility to notify us if your health conditions are questionable prior to the participation in any of our treks. Please see medical form issued prior to any event.
8.3 Disabilities. If you have any medical problem or disability which may affect your participation, please provide us with full details before you make your booking so that we can try to advise you.
9. Our liability
9.1 We are not responsible for services provided by third parties.
9.2 We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with the terms of this notice, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
Website Use T&C's
Terms and conditions of use
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and russell wood, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by russell wood and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to russell wood and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
1. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of russell wood, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner's prior written permission
2. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
a. retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of russell wood.
4. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a. in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website;
b. in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c. making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Links to other websites
5. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of russell wood or that of our affiliates.
6. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
7. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
9. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that russell wood makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. russell wood is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
10. Whilst russell wood uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
11. russell wood accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
12. russell wood reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
13. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
14. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
15. To the maximum extent permitted by law, russell wood accepts no liability for any of the following:
a. any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
b. loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
c. any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
16. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
17. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
19. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
20. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
21. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
22. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
russell wood details
23. russell wood of 21 salisbury road, hove, sussex, bn3 3ae operates the Website www.feat-uk.com.
You can contact russell wood by email on email@example.com.